Playing with Fire - July 14th, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Playing with Fire Concerts
Midtown Crossing Venue Times
- Saturday, July 14th, 2018 – Gates open at 3:30; Music starts at 4:30
- Seating in the green bowl space of Turner Park begins when the gate opens at 3:30
- Seating outside the bowl available before the gates open
- Address: 3110 Farnam Street, Omaha, NE 68131 (Large park between Dodge and Farnam and 33rd Street to Turner Boulevard)
- We are an “all-ages” family event. We encourage you to bring your family and friends of all ages!
- Blanket and chairs
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, hats and/or visors
- Your dancing shoes! Remember, grass and high heels might not mix.
- Food Coolers and outside refreshments are permitted (water, beer, wine and champagne, for the over 21 crowd!)
- Midtown Crossing restaurants will be selling mouth-watering grilled fare and delicious snacks, along with soda, water and alcoholic beverages (including beer and wine)
What you cannot bring:
- Tents (they affect the sight lines of other guests)
- Stakes (they present a tripping hazard)
- Tarps (it will kill the grass)
- Open flames (i.e. no hibachis and citronella candles )
- Hard liquor (Only beer, wine, and champagne allowed in Turner Park)
- Midtown Crossing provides ample security in and around Turner Park
- If needing assistance while attending PwF concerts, please seek out security or go to the Playing with Fire Merchandise Tent for assistance in locating security staff.
- Playing with Fire supports “Drink Responsibly” and require all to follow these few “cannot bring” restrictions to help ensure the safety and enjoyment of all attendees of our free summer concerts.
- Midtown Crossing has installed numerous Port-A-Potties near Farnam and Dodge closest to 31st Avenue.
- If you have lost an item, please check with the Playing with Fire merch tent during the event. After the event, all items not claimed will be turned into Midtown Crossing’s Security office.
- Four-legged friends are welcome at Turner Park
- All animals MUST BE leashed at all times
- Clean up after your pet is required
- IF the temperatures remain high, please be kind to your pets and leave them home in the comforts of air conditioning, your pet will thank you when you get back!
- Midtown Crossing offers convenient and secure parking for more than 3,000 vehicles
- Midtown Crossing offers 3-hour free parking with validation in both parking garages, easily accessible from 33rd, Farnam and Harney Streets. In both garages, the first three hours are free with validation, and visitors pay only $1 for each hour thereafter (with a maximum fee of $10 per 24 hour period).
- About Validation: Midtown Crossing employs a parking validation system similar to those in effect in other parking garages throughout the city. Under the validation system, customers still enjoy three (3) hours of free garage parking, only now they need to have a validated ticket. Customers who patronize any of the retail locations at Midtown Crossing can receive the three-hour validation with any purchase.
- Additional parking is available on Mutual of Omaha’s surface lots which are located at 36th and Dodge Streets; between 35th Avenue and 34th Street off of Dodge; and at 35th and Farnam Streets.
- Metered street parking is available along Farnam Street and around the perimeter of Turner Park, accessible from 31st Avenue. Metered parking is short-term (2 hours maximum) and is monitored Monday-Saturday from 9 am-9 pm.
- ADA Handicapped parking is available on each level of the parking garages and there are multiple non-metered sots along Farnam Street for those with ADA Hanging tags and plates.
Map & Directions:
About Playing with Fire Free Concerts:
4:30 –The Redwoods, a BluesEd Band
5:40 – Heather Newman Band
7:10 – MonkeyJunk
8:50 – Jack de Keyzer
10:15 – AfterBurn Jam at 5168 Taproom at 3201 Farnam Street
- We are accepting free-will donations to share with our charitable non-profit partner, BluesEd.
- Our volunteers will be wearing Playing with Fire vests, along with Playing with Fire/BluesEd Volunteer t-shirts and carrying Playing with Fire buckets. These volunteers are the only authorized people accepting donations for PwF.
- Look for the “Bucket Brigade” at each entrance and during the band set changes.
- Playing with Fire performers will have merchandise and CD’s available for sale in the merchandise tent after their performance. Some artists will be available to autograph the purchased merchandise following their performance.
- Inclement Weather: Media sponsors will be notified if the weather will affect the performance.
- In addition, we will make any cancellation announcements on the following social media and websites:
- Hosted by the BluesEd band, The Redwoods, at 5168 Brewing Taproom immediately following the concert. Catch the artists from this concert at they jam together!
- 5168 Brewing Taproom is located directly in Midtown Crossing across Farnam Street at 3201 Farnam Street.